DEMOCRAT FOR MAYOR
Conor Greene has spent two decades improving communities and serving the public through his professional and volunteer work. He is co-founder and chairman of Peekskill Walks, a resident-led nonprofit advocating for safer, more accessible streets. In that role, he led the successful proposal to convert Esther Street into a new public space downtown, hosted events to bring residents together, and called on the city and county to improve safety along Washington Street, Hudson Avenue and other dangerous streets around Peekskill. He is also a founding member of the Peekskill Equitable Housing Coalition, which is fighting for housing rights and tenant protections.
Conor began his career as a field organizer for the DNC and Move On during the 2004 presidential campaign, before moving to local journalism, where he gained insight into the issues impacting residents and communities. He served for five years as an aide to three New York City council members, deepening his understanding of how government and elected officials can best serve the public. He has also worked in nonprofit homeless services at The Doe Fund, where he played a key role in the creation of The Liberty Fund, a citywide charitable bail organization, and helped give residents the tools to improve their neighborhoods at community development organization Citizens Committee for New York City.
Conor was born in Dublin, Ireland and grew up in New Jersey. He and his wife Liz met while working at their hometown newspaper before moving to New York City to pursue careers in public service and publishing. After a decade in Queens and Brooklyn, they moved to Peekskill on a whim after falling for its rare combination of natural beauty and interesting, unique downtown. They live on a wonderful block with their dog and three cats, and Conor is currently pursuing a Masters in Urban Planning at Hunter College.
- Restaurateur and Citizen Advocate vie for Mayor Job
- Downtown Peekskill street to be closed to cars until Nov. 1, allowing outdoor dining space – Lohud
- The Liberty Fund
- City Council Bail Fund Begins Operations – Gotham Gazette
- Peekskill hopes to get more foot traffic to downtown businesses – News 12
- More Middle-Class Housing is Needed for Peekskill – The Examiner News
- Candidates for Democratic Primary Outline Priorities
- Progress 4 Peekskill Slate Launches Campaign to Defeat Dems
- Is Peekskill Ready for Legal Cannabis?